"Oh my, this is fast. We've tried it on large datasets and it is easily 100 times faster than what we had been using. Excellent work."
Darrin Clement, Maponics.
ToolBox is a free collection of MapBasic programs for performing these tasks:
• Add Nodes
• Convex hull / Rubberband
• Extended Table Info
• Locate the nearest object in one table for all objects in another table - Very fast
• Locate the N nearest objects in one table for all objects in another table - Very fast
• Location of facilities
• Map Coloring
• Minimum spanning tree
• Remove holes from regions
• Simplification of polylines/regions. This removes insignificant nodes from objects
• Split of (poly)lines at predefined distances, e.g. for every 100 meters.
• Split multi-section polylines/regions into single sections
• Triangulation (TIN)
• Voronoi polygons
Requires MapInfo 10 or better (32/64 bit compatible). Source code included.
Get it from the download page
Convex hull / Rubberband:
Left: Normal centroid-based rubberband, Right: Based on complete objects
Extended table information:
Location of facilities:
Minimum spanning tree:
Nearest Object (showing ID of nearest center):
Nearest Object (showing distance to nearest center):
Remove holes from regions:
Simplification of polylines/regions:
(The red line is the original dataset and the black is the new)
Split of line objects at predefined distances:
(Here for every 100 meters)
This is the final result of a voronoi analysis, which also involved several other tools from ToolBox: